WITOLD PILECKI – X edition Historical Contest for 100 Years Anniversary of Regaining Independence by Poland
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS:
1. How many years did Poland spend under partition?
2. Give the exact date that Poland regained independence?
3. What event is commemorated by the plaque unveiled in the Jesuit Church on Świętojańska?
4. What was the title of the film that appeared in Warsaw cinemas, advertised as a great national epic, which described the threat of Bolshevism?
5. In which year was the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier unveiled?
6. Who was the author of the book ‘The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier’ (‘Mogiła Nieznanego Żołnierza’)?
7. In 1928, Plac Saski (Saxon Square) was renamed as what?
8. The Aviator Monument was erected in which Warsaw Square?
9. Which President of Poland attended restoration of independence celebrations in Czeski Cieszyn in 1938?
10. Following the Second World War, in which year were Independence Day celebrations restored?
You’ll find the answers in the article:
Send to 11/30/2018
The Prizes in the Contest are: Album book about Polish history
music disc with patriotic music
E-mail address: email@example.com
Statute of Historical Contest: Statute
Witold Pilecki – a celebration of Great Poles around the world to mark the centenary of Poland’s restoration of independence
A public project co-financed by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in a competition entitled Cooperation in the Field of Public Diplomacy 2018